Senin, 12 Februari 2018

Do We Live To Eat Or Do We Eat To Live

Do We Live To Eat Or Do We Eat To Live

Image source: http://purelytwins.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/does-eating-gluten-free-mean-you-have-an-eating-disorder.jpg

Do we live to Eat or do we eat to Live ?

I ask you, what is the purpose of eating? Take some time to really think about your answer to this question. Think back to the time in Genesis 1:29 And God said, behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed, to you it shall be for meat. Adam and Eve also had the Tree of Life, Genesis 2:9. Could it be that the fruit trees were plainly just their healthy food and that eating from the Tree of Life gave them all the antioxidants that their cells would need to perfectly reproduce forever? They also had a river which was perfect and unpolluted. They also had perfect oxygen rich air with no pollution. Sounds like a perfect paradise to me.
Now back to the question at hand, what is the purpose of eating. What I am hearing is that most people eat solely for the pleasure or the taste of food.
Your tongue has around 8,000 taste buds on it which I thank God for. Imagine if what we ate all tasted the same. Boring right? My point is this, once food leaves our mouth, the rest of our digestive track could care less about how it tasted. The only important ingredient to your body is what nutrition and energy can be produced from what we ate. I told my wife that we need to reprogram our taste buds for healthy foods and she thought that was just a plain silly idea until I explained what I meant. I used to love to drink soft drinks, probably 3 to 4 cans per day. Since I became obsessed about Natural Health, I drink 95% filtered water. When I do drink a soft drink, I really dont like it. I almost gag from it being too sweet. So even though I want to drink it, my taste buds are rejecting it.
We can do this with most any food. Healthy Eating really does taste good.
Now to the meat of this article. When we eat out of Want instead of Need, we usually eat only what taste good to us. Anyone like sweets or junk food? More importantly, what are we teaching our children? They will usually copy Mom and Dad. Even though most of our food is nutritionally bankrupt, we eat it anyway solely for taste and pleasure.
Thats why most fad diets and gimmicks fail. We just dont want to quit eating what pleases us.
So what will motivate us to change our destructive eating habits. What changed me?
What changed me into an obsessed good health nut? I only have one answer. Education! The core of changing someones will is thru learning the truth. Motivation for searching for the truth comes in many forms, mine was a personal illness. Maybe we just have to be so sick and tired of being sick and tired. Maybe watching a parent or loved one or child die too young from a disease. Whatever reason, I praise God that he caught my attention soon enough where there is time for me to change and turn back the clock but most of all to have an opportunity to help others.
I think what hit home to me was learning about how our body digest food and the problems our SAD (Standard American Diet) diet impacts our body.
Learning about leaky gut, yeast overgrowth (Candida) and parasites caused mostly from over prescribed antibiotics or Impacted rotting feces in our colons that in some cases have been that way for years leaching poisons into our body. Disease is not pleasant. Death really does begin in your colon. Learning how the Liver which is the chemical plant for the body is failing because of toxins in what we eat, the Gall Bladder that is being killed by Constipation but the very important job it has of secreting bile from the Liver to help us process fats. The Pancreas which is so confused. Why? Because of an overabundance of sugar in our diet makes our cells resistant to sugar but they keeps demanding the Pancreas to produce more insulin. We and our children are quickly becoming insulin resistant Type II Diabetics.
I believe Education is the factor that will motivate people to action and change. Ask yourself, Is it in the best interest of Pharmaceutical Companies, Hospitals and Doctors if Americans become Educated? Hmmm
Wow, I am getting way off base here and over simplifying matters.

The only real purpose of eating is to provide the nutrition that our body needs for maintenance and growth. Period.
Our body and cells need a constant array of vitamins, minerals, trace minerals, proteins, carbohydrates, EFAs, fiber, enzymes, and pure water to perform. We can only get these by what we eat or supplement, which leads me to supplements. If we could provide all the nutrients the body needs by supplements, would we need to eat? Hmmm? Just think how much more work we could get done if we didnt have to eat. DAH, Ive just realized why we need to eat.
Every article I have written has focused on one fact. Today, it is crucial to add supplements to our diet simply because all the nutrition our bodies need is just not in our food sources, regardless of how well you think you eat. When eating, ask yourself - does my body really NEED this? Am I living to Eat or am I eating to Live.?
For me, guarding what goes in my mouth has become a way of life. The Bible has been an awesome source for information of what foods and herbs we can eat to help our bodies maintain Homeostasis ( stable state of equilibrium). Gods way really is simple to follow and the strength to succeed is found in him also.
May God Bless you in your search for an Abundant Healthy Life.

Ted Salonica
www.abundanthealthyliving.com

How to Start Your Own Food Blog

Image source: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/34/89/5d/34895d9f50e2ebc302c79aeac5c70382.jpg How long have you been yearning to sha...